Originally trained as an architect, Cindy worked for many years on commercial and residential projects. She also taught Architecture, Engineering and Interior Design coursework to college students. Additionally, she served on the Board of Advisors for Western Piedmont Community College Interior Design.
When her husband’s career took them to rural Italy for 5 years, Cindy went to the local hardware store for supplies and began to paint. She enjoyed exploring the Italian countryside and capturing “le viste piu belle!” After returning to the USA, she has continued to grow and develop as a full-time impressionist artist over the past decade.
Recent Awards and Recognition:
- 3rd Place Award, Blowing Rock (NC) Plein Air Festival 2020
- 3rd Place Award, Gaston Co (NC) Art Guild, Visual Harvest 2020
- 2nd Place Award, Eagle (ID) Plein Air Quick Draw, 2019
- 3rd Place Award, Savannah (GA) Art Assoc Paint Out 2018
- 2nd Place Award and Spirit of Agriculture Award, Coweta Co (GA) 2018
- “Wisdom of Trees” inducted into the Permanent Collection; Long-term Installation of 12 piece “KC Plein Air!” Truman Medical Center Fine Arts Gallery, Kansas City, MO 2018-25
- “Beyond Circumstance,” a 7-panel permanent collection for Wallace Cancer Institute, Novant Health Center, Salisbury, NC
Education and Professional Affiliations:
- Master of Architecture, Univ of CA, Berkeley, 1988; Bachelor of Architecture, Univ of OK, 1987
- Master of Arts, Career Counseling and Academic Advising, Appalachian State Univ, NC, 1999
- Membership Chair, Board of Directors, Gaston County Art Guild
- Active in Asheville Plein Air, Mooresville “Wayside Painters,” Gaston Co Plein Air Painters, NC Plein Air Painters